Group Administrator as of Sept. 30th 2018 - Don Columbus
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT FAA STANDS FOR FINE ART AMERICA and Art as well as Photography have proven Methods That Work for you to become successful.
FYI: This Administrator like Buyers does not care how many other Artists have Liked, Commented On, Voted for or Favorited your images. I am interested only in the Quality and Presentation of the image itself along with Adherence to the Rules I have set for this group.
Remember your job as a photographer goes beyond snapping a picture. Your images should be well thought out and composed. Think about the Rule of Thirds, Horizons, Balance, Point of View, Angles, Geometric shapes, Leading lines, Repeating Patterns, Gesture, etc.. Keep in mind that Center Focus is often boring, Filling the Frame doesn't mean zooming in to the limit of your lens and Clipping can destroy an image. Does the work tell a story (does your Description guide the viewer through the image?), does it have Impact or Emotionally move the viewer, etc.. The bottom line is to Think!
Check out the Discussion Pages
Revised Rules April 10, 2021:
- Family Friendly (no nudity)
- Photographic Camera Art- Digital Enhancements are Allowed and Expected.
- Titles that work best are four or fewer words and should relate to the work but not totally describe it.
- I will Reject images with Titles that are your File Names or Catalog numbers.
- To retain your Featured Images, please post in the Featured Discussion Thread. (this is a Key Factor in the Groups Rating in FAA)
- DESCRIPTIONS are also Required, should be at least two sentences about the work. Not a Sales Pitch, not camera settings or technical info and not more than two short
- Must be original art from the artist.
- The Administrator Reserves the Right to Remove Any Images from this Group for any reason.
- Do Not Post Pictures Of Birds In This Group unless they are Abstract or Very Artistic NO BIRDING NATURE IMAGES will be accepted in this group as I am the Admin of 2 Bird
Groups where Bird images are welcome, 'A Birding Group Wings, and Birds In Focus'.