‘My personal philosophy is to open people’s minds to the beauty of our times and the scenes of everyday life around us.’
I paint what I see, experience and enjoy in my day to day life. Hence you can see that I paint everything including landscapes, still life, people, portraits, man- made structures etc. Feelings and emotions are a major part of life, and so you can see them too in my paintings. And being a peace loving person, I hope you can see that too in my paintings.
My art blog - http://usettyblog.blogspot.com
Shows and Activities
-2016- ‘Black and White’- themed group art show at Venkatappa Art Gallery – 14th to 23rd Oct 2016.
-2015 – ‘Gajamukha’- group art show at Reves Art Gallery Bangalore 19th to 30th Sept.
-2015 – ‘Exprima Frais’- group art show at Reves Art Gallery – Bangalore – 26th July to 5th August.
-2015 - 'Akanksha 2' group art show at CKP Art complex Bangalore 15-19th April.
-2014- Reves Art Workshop- Conducted on 13-14 Dec at Reves Art Gallery. ‘Learn to paint a still life in acrylics’.
-2014- Painting ‘Sridevi’ featured on ETV Telugu channel by the popular Actor Sridevi herself.
- 2014- Painting called 'Shree420' featured in 'Elle' Magazine in April issue.
- 2014 - 'Akanksha' group art show of 50 ladies in celebration of women's day 8th to 10th March at CKP Bangalore.
- 2013 - 'LAYA'- group art show at Chitra Kala Parishath Bengaluru. 4th to 10th Oct.
- 2013 - 'Melange' group art show in aid of ISPTD at Sublime Gallery Bengaluru. 13th Sept to 10th Oct.
- 2013 - Appeared on BBC News Hangout in discussion 'What makes Art Iconic' with Will Gompertz - BBC Arts Editor, and Benjamin Zand - producer/BJ at BBC World.
- 2012 - Group art show - ArtWave - 23rd to 27th March at CKP Bengaluru.
- 2011 -- Group art show 'THE DRAWING ROOM MUSINGS' 16th-25th May at CKP Bengaluru.
- 2010- Juror to 'Abstract Art' compettition at Bishop Cotton's Girls College Bangalore
- 2010- Participated in the ‘Art and Social Media’ Workshop 17th and 18th Jan– Bangalore.
- 2009- Group art show of paintings at the ‘Bangalore Club’ - 8yh and 9th Nov– Bangalore.
- 2009 – Group art show 'Prathibimba' from May 3rd to 13th, 'Renaissance Art Gallery', Bangalore.
- 2009 - ‘En plein air’ art camp at Lal Bagh – Bangalore, as member of ‘Bangalore Art Forum’.
- 2009 - Solo art show at Chitra Kala Parishath called ‘BODY LANGUAGE’ from 1st to 8th February. Banglaore.India.
- 2009 - Group art shows at Jodhpur, Jaipur, Goa and Calcutta as member of the ‘Scribble artists association’- Hyderabad.
- 2008 - Finalist –for Nationwide Art competition –Kala Sangati – Hyderabad.
- 2007 - Solo art show at the ‘Trinity Acres and Woods’ Community in December.
- 2007 - Group art show ( two person ) at ‘Chitra Kala Parishad’ Bangalore in May.
- 2007 – Her paintings ‘Green Earth and Red Oil’ and the ‘Water Lilies’ were selected by the US based Gallery Front.com Art
organization their ‘Peak Oil’ project and published in the Sept-Oct 2007 issue of their Art Magazine.
- 2005 - Participated in ‘Chitra Santhe’ at Chitra Kala Parishad.
- 1998 –Participated and organised 'Rajastani miniature painting’ workshop by renowned artist Uma Shankar Sharma.
Usha Shantharam joined Fine Art America on February 22nd, 2009.