Valerie Aune was born and raised in Minnesota. She had a happy childhood and has lived her life wearing 'rose colored glasses'.
Valerie paints in the old master method of layering paints and glazes. Her style is an interesting combination of tightly realistic technique, contemporary colors and whimsical compositions. Her unique and original compositions earned recognition by Southwest Art Magazine Essential Guide as one of Ten Artists On the Rise in 2007.
Aune's 2008 exhibitions and awards include:
• National Exhibition, POLITICAL ANIMALS, at the von Liebig Art Center in Naples FL.
• CITRUS SUPREME juried into PAINT AMERICA – TOP 100 PAINTINGS. Only 2 paintings were accepted from the state of Florida.
• WINTER WREN AND MILK JUG accepted into the Twenty-First International Exhibition on Animals in Art in Baton Rougue, Louisiana.
• MOON DANCING accepted into the 2008 Southeast Regional Juried Fine Arts Exhibition and was awarded honorable mention.
• WISHING FOR WINGS won the Award of Distinction at the Florida/Alabama Interstate Fair.
Visit web site for complete career listings.
Valerie Aune joined Fine Art America on December 2nd, 2008.