Welcome to the community. We aim for a self governing community. So we have a code of conduct for everyone to follow
Although we know that people come on in a bad mood, or perhaps with other things on their mind, we try and aim for a code of conduct for all so we ask that you leave your bad day at the door and not bring it in with you.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1 Be constructive. The community is a welcoming place to all. We expect you to welcome others and share your tips and helpful hints.
2 Think before you post. Is your post respectful? If not, do not post.
3 Do not respond to people who are rude, insulting or anything else non-community minded. You will have to be removed along with them. Sorry but if you are responding then you are arguing.
4 Stay on topic when posting in an existing thread. Going off on a tangent for a bit is fine and understandable in most cases, but completely changing the topic should be avoided.
5 Search to see if a topic already exists, or if your question has an answer. If asking a question always thank those giving their time to help you. It is only polite. Do not keep posting if you are not responded to quickly. We are all in different time zones and may not actually be on when you are asking first.
6 If somebody comes on asking for help who is from other country and not speaking English, use http://translate.google.com to help them
7 The main discussions area is for discussions. Keep your images in your galleries and the groups.
The above are guidelines and we ask that you keep to them. These next are set in stone rules.....
8 Do not swear or upload any images or links that may be adult only. The site has all ages on it. Restrict adult language and content to adult sites.
9. Do not tell people what you think will sell or not. Nor how much images are worth. Just technical aspects that may help them be chosen by buyers.
The more buyers (and artists) who visit and are happy, the more will follow. That is good for all of us.
10. No religion or politics in the main discussion area.
11 Only open threads that have a proper topic to discuss.
13 Do not spam about yourself or other sites. We do not need posts about your work. We can click through if we like what you are discussing.
14 Do not discuss other competing sites. If you have a query about one, just go to their forums and ask there. We discuss all things FAA and Pixels, not other POD sites. This includes sending enquirers to other places to purchase what we sell here.
15. if adding a signature to your post you may use one link only
16. Thread crossover is not allowed. Ie if you have something to say in one thread, say it there. If a thread is closed by a moderator then do not reactivate the topic in another thread. Do not open new threads on subjects already active.
17. At no time will a member argue with a Moderators decision on the board. The Mods are beyond fair so if you are asked to stop a behaviour it is for a reason and you are asked to just stop or be suspended.
If you now use the forum, we take it that you have read our rules and are willing to comply with them.
Unless otherwise stipulated by a group administrator, their discussion rules follow the same code of conduct. Please read their group homepage for details of what they expect
How our staff enforces the above
We rely on members to report bad behaviour on the forum or the site as a whole. We are not actively looking for members to 'tell off' as we have nicer duties. So if you see someone breaking site rules we hope that someone will come along and let us know.
We will answer private messages and e-mails as soon as we can but due to the volume and different types of messages we get, we can't always promise we'll get back to every message or e-mail we receive. Also note that the best place for help with your account itself is in Technical Support....or with a print purchase, Customer Support
We believe you are all adults. We think that you can therefore accept if you are in the wrong and learn by your actions.
Any breaking of our code of conduct will probably result in the editing or removal of posts/threads, or even a suspension or total ban from the community altogether
We can suspend you from the community if:
If you have been contacted and continue to ignore the moderators requests
Suspensions are time-based, from a day (24hrs) to permanent. The bans, small or large, cover all discussion areas across the site so you would be banned form the groups also if banned from the main discussion area.
Suspended members can still read the forums or contact moderators
In the event of disputes or clarification on any of the guidelines the Community Admin Team have the final say. We will not discuss individual details of any of our moderation decisions on the public forums. At all.
12. Due to numerous spam posts about products for sale on other sites, we have stopped allowing this. There are several posts already open promoting other stores on other sites, etc, so please find one of these in Search and add to that with your stores URL. If you wish to promote your other sites goods, please use your own bio area or website off FAA. If there is not a post about your stores site then do not open one.