A huge congratulations to Don who won last years Trivia!!
This is a Trivia Image Thread.
EVENING Image Trivia
1. Remember you only get to answer one of the questions or your answers will all be ignored through the post.
2. If you guess once and are wrong then you cannot answer again this thread UNLESS it is a 'trick question' which will be clearly designated as one.
3. Only the first correct answer is awarded the points
4. If you answer one of the following correct and get points below then you will not be awarded points on the next days play (We wish to give every one a fair shot) Your names will be marked clearly so you can see but feel free to join in.
5. Trivia is 1 point per day. If I miss a day I will play catch-up with the points so we get the 365 points in for the year. Please feel free to add images to the thread with, or without discussion or answers, during that week
6. I am looking for specific answers. If you have not given those, even if nearly correct, you do not get points. ----------------
12 points each
a. How many people dream entirely in Black and white?
-----Sharon Popek - 12%-----
b. What are you lacking if the answer to these is yes?
Do you need to read sentences twice?
Do you feel drowsiness a few hours after waking up?
Do you need coffee to feel functional?
Do you always wake up with an alarm instead of waking up naturally?
-----Tibor Tivadar Kui - sleep-----
c. What is the imaginary line between the Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere?
-----Winner Mo - The Equator-----
d. Newborns sleep a total of..... hours per day?
-----Jodi DiLiberto - Up to 20 hours a day-----
e. Different parts of the world have different time zones. On the opposite side of the world from London is the International _____ ______?
-----Diane Zucker - International Date Line----
ONE image per post
Let someone else post before posting again
GOOGLE needs words, he is the blind viewer USE DESCRIPTIONS OR WE WILL REMOVE YOUR IMAGE
One main winner for 2020 who will win how ever many points they won in USD gift voucher for the site when trivia ends in December
So if you get every single question right that's over $150 in FAA/Pixels gift voucher
Glad to see the Trivia back and glad I checked the Discussion one last time :)
Thank you Abbie.
Good Luck everyone.
Here’s a perfect evening image for me, a beautiful landscape and some interesting weather. I may be having a “career break” from being a geography teacher but will always love the natural world.
The Grand Canyon USA at sunset. I was just in awe of the scale and the beauty of the rock formations and the changing light.
Abstract image created from an early evening sunset photograph a couple of weeks ago. Kite flyers, young and old enjoying the last of the days light. Bit by bit the daylight is lengthening and spring is coming.
Reflection of red sunset on a smooth sea. A rippled but locally smooth surface such as water with waves will reflect the sun at different angles at each point on the surface of the waves. As a result, a viewer in the right position will see many small images of the sun, formed by portions of waves that are oriented correctly to reflect the sun's light to the viewer's eyes. The exact pattern seen depends on the viewer's precise location. The color and the length of the glitter depend on the altitude of the Sun. The lower the sun, the longer and more reddish the glitter is. When the sun is really low above the horizon, the glitter breaks because of the waves, which could sometimes obstruct the sun and cast a shadow on the glitter. Sun glitter can be bright enough to damage one's eyes. Caution should be exercised while observing the glitter.